How to Become a Christian
It’s because of this great love for us that God has provided a way that we could have a relationship with Him through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ (Hebrews 10:19-22).
The Bible is clear that once someone hears the Gospel message about Jesus Christ (Romans 10:14-15) and they understand who Jesus is and what He has done/will do for us (James 1:13-15; Romans 3:23-24; Romans 6:23; John 1:29), all that is required of us is to believe and obey what we have come to understand (James 2:14-18; Romans 10:8-10; Acts 2:36-39). Therefore, according the Bible, our response to the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ is…
What We Do:
- Faith in Jesus Christ as the Lord of our Life (John 11:25-27; Hebrews 11:1)
- Confession that Jesus Christ is Savior (Matthew 16:15-16)
- Repentance of Sins (2 Corinthians 7:9-10)
- Baptism or Immersion (1 Peter 3:18-22).
What God Does:
- Gives Forgiveness of Sins (Acts 13:38-39)
- Gives us the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14)
“For it is by grace you have been saved,through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9